The Game Makers Companion
The Game Maker's Companion/ by Jacob Habgood . The Game Maker’s Companion is the long-awaited sequel to The Game Maker’s Apprentice. This book picks up where the last book left off, advancing your game development journey with some seriously impressive gaming projects.
The Game Makers Companion
This time you’ll learn how to make professional-quality platform games with solid collision detection and slick control mechanisms and you’ll get acquainted with a long-lost icon of platform gaming history on the way.
You’ll go on to discover techniques to add depth and believability to the characters and stories in your games, including The Monomyth, cut scene storyboarding, and character archetypes. This culminates in the creation of an original atmospheric platform-adventure which will take your GML programming skills to new heights. There’s even a handy reference section at the back of the book which will be invaluable for adding common features to your own games.
With contributions from four games industry professionals and a highly respected member of the Game Maker community, The Game Maker’s Companion is another labor of love that will give you even more hours of enjoyment than the original. If you already own Game Maker then you really must own this book as well.
What you’ll learn
* Learn the fundamentals of how to create platform games with nature’s first platform game character: Fishpod.
* Discover how to recreate the classic 90’s platform game Zool (Ninja of the Nth Dimension) entirely using drag-and-drop programming.
* Learn how to extend and improve upon the drag-and-drop functionality of Game Maker using GML scripts.
* Follow the design of the atmospheric platform-adventure game “Shadows on Deck” from original concept to a completed vertical slice of gameplay.
* See how professional designers create engaging storylines with believable characters.
* Learn how to modify the Shadows on Deck artwork to include in your own games.
* Experience a practical journey into game development which has been unparalleled since The Game Maker’s Apprentice.
* Gain access to professional game resources from Shadows on Deck which you are free to use in your own Game Maker games.
Most file sharing sites (eg: Uploaded, Rapidgator, Letitbit, Turbobit, 4shared & Putlocker ) offer you a Free download and Paid download option, Please feel free to post your The Game Makers Companion Download, torrent, subtitle, free download, Watch Online, video, Movie, Game, Mp3 Download, NFO, crack, serial, keygen or whatever-related comments here.